The Bolingbrook Amateur Radio Society sponsors Amateur Radio Examinations for all FCC License Classes at 6:00 pm on the 3rd Monday of the following months: January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November (just before the BARS Monthly Meeting at 7:30 pm) at Fire Station #5, 1900 Rodeo Dr, Bolingbrook, Illinois.
All test candidates are welcome! You do not have to be a member of BARS to participate. We encourage those of you who come for testing to stay for the meeting so you can see what BARS has to offer.
Register For Testing
Next testing session - Monday June 18, 2018
Registration at least one week prior to the test date is required!
To register for one of these sessions, or if you have questions about the program, please contact:
David Rock - K9DWR (VE Team Liaison)
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Phone: (815) 556-9548
Please include the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- email address
- The exam element or elements (Technician, General or Extra) that you wish to take
Items To Bring To The Test Session
If you don't already have an FCC Registration Number (FRN), you can register for one ahead of time at: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls
Just click the "New Users - Register" button and set one up. This will allow you to use your FRN instead of your SSN on the forms, and will also make it easier to track your license request after the test.
- Any CSCE’s (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination) you may have
- A photocopy of your current signed FCC License - For License Upgrades Only
- Photo ID
- Calculator - the memory and any programming must be cleared
- #2 Lead Pencils and a Ball Point Pen
- $15.00 Test Fee (Exact Change Is Greatly Appreciated)