The Bolingbrook Amateur Radio Society (BARS) sponsors Amateur Radio Examinations for all FCC License Classes at 6:00 pm on the 3rd Monday of every month, excluding December (just before the BARS Monthly Meeting at 7:30 pm) at Fire Station #5, 1900 Rodeo Dr, Bolingbrook, Illinois.
All test candidates are welcome! You do not have to be a member of BARS to participate. We encourage those of you who come for testing to stay for the meeting so you can see what BARS has to offer.
Register For Testing
Next testing session - POSTPONED due to COVID-19
Registration at least one week prior to the test date is required!
To register for one of these sessions, or if you have questions about the program, please contact:
David Rock - K9DWR (VE Team Liaison)
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Phone: (815) 556-9548
Please include the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- email address
- The exam element or elements (Technician, General or Extra) that you wish to take
Items To Bring To The Test Session
If you don't already have an FCC Registration Number (FRN), you can register for one ahead of time at: http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls
Just click the "New Users - Register" button and set one up. This will allow you to use your FRN instead of your SSN on the forms, and will also make it easier to track your license request after the test.
- Any CSCE’s (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination) you may have
- A photocopy of your current signed FCC License - For License Upgrades Only
- Photo ID
- Calculator - the memory and any programming must be cleared
- #2 Lead Pencils and a Ball Point Pen
- $15.00 Test Fee (Exact Change Is Greatly Appreciated)
Additional VE Test Sessions - on Saturday Mornings:
If you are unable to make our BARS regular VE Exam Test Session - There will be a couple of additional Saturday Morning VE Test Sessions at the Golden Corral in Aurora - at 4270 E. New York St. (just north of the Fox Valley Westfield mall) These additional VE Test Sessions will be held on the 2nd Saturday of the month, but only on the months when a BARS/FRRL License Class Training course is NOT in session.
Saturday VE Test Session dates for 2019:
- Saturday - July 27 @ 9:00 AM - Golden Corral in Aurora
- Saturday - August 24 @ 9:00 AM - Golden Corrall in Aurora
- Saturday - November 23 @ 9:00 AM - Golden Corrall in Aurora
- Saturday - December 28 @ 9:00 AM - Golden Corrall in Aurora
You can register for the Saturday VE Testing by going to the ARRL website HERE and search by 60504 Zip Code - Once you find the Saturday VE Test Session on the date above and listed as being sponsored by "BARS and FRRL" - Click on the "learn more" link under the VE Session for more details and to register for the VE Test Session.
Note: There is no Saturday VE Testing in September, or October. Because, we are hosting a General Class License Training Course. Held on Saturday mornings at 9 AM at the Golden Corral in Aurora location. General Class Dates are from September 21 thorugh November 16 with an Open VE Testing Session on November 23rd.